Our Emails over the last few weeks have been full of interesting things that Elder Openshaw has been experiencing.
March 19 he writes:
On Saturday I ended up getting bit by a dog, now I'll explain. Elder Bunderson and I were out tracking here in San Jose down by the river. We start to head down this one path and there was these two dogs just lying down. As we start to walk one dog got up started to bark at us and then started coming up near us. We start backing away and then all of a sudden the dog starts running at us. So we both take off running for are lives. Elder Bunderson was ahead of me and I was behind then all of a sudden as I just start off running the dog ends up getting me. I'm actually glad that it wasn't worse because only one tooth entered in my clave. Plus the other good thing was that at least that dog didn't end up running and chasing after us more. So we got to a safe place were the dog wasn't coming after us. I didn't see a hole in my pants but I had felt that something had happened. So, I rolled up my pant leg and see the bit mark. So the rest of Saturday I spent cleaning out the wound, and I also ended up going to the hospital where I received my first vaccination for rabies and plus they cleaned it out even more. So don't worry all is going good these next two weeks I'll be receiving the rest of the shoots plus just keeping the wound clean so that it doesn’t get infected."
March 26 he writes:
"Well to help ease your worriedness this last week on Thursday or Friday in the night there was a little tremor but nothing big. Also yesterday when the other tremor happened both Elder Bunderson and I didn't feel it at all; because at that time we were in the bus traveling to another appointment with an investigator. the shoots are going good I've received 3 shots now and next week I receive my 4 and then the last shoot will be the 16th of April. The leg is healing well and I doing good, the shoots haven’t made me sick at all, plus I'm really doing good. "
What a way the Lord works to protect his missionaries!!! We're truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment